Thursday, September 17, 2009

Racism,Sexism,etc............are definitely not totally gone.

I was going through the pages of a reputable website online and I stumbled on an article on Serena William's un-sportsmanship conduct at the semi-finals of the US Open tournament.And bebeath the article were comments on her behavior;some crucifying her and others backing her up and giving reasons for her actions. But as I scrolled down through the comments,I got stuck to a particular one which had abusive and racially driven contents.The commentator had said,not in this exact words,but close.That he blames the organizers of the sports for letting monkeys play games that are meant or humans.I immediately couldn't stand it,not in this century and Age.How dare anyone refer to another group,whether minority or majority in a racial manner. I immediately reported the abusive to the administrators of the site,first of all scolding them for lack of moderation on contents that come on their pages.And when I checked back through a link that was personally sent to me,I found out that the abusive content had been erased.And also,I was told that the abusive commentator was going to be punished or restricted from the use of their service.How?They didn't specify. Don't be caught in the act of racism,ethnocentrism,prejudice or stereotyping.It'll be better you expressed attitudes and actions in this regard on a private scale,'coz I can bet you'd be punished and taken back to the past if you're caught in the act.

No comments: